Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Patience

We are always reminded by people who works with Isabella that because of her disability, she will be delayed in a lot of things, mostly mentally, mobility and functionality.

Patience, has always been my enemy. Amazingly, God has given me this beautiful child, to teach me what patience is all about -not only to learn it, but live and accept it.

Due to Isabella's cardiac surgery, she was on sternal precautions for 6-8 weeks. Because they had to cut open her sternum (yes, that bone in the chest), we could only scoop her and could not carry or lift her in the arms and she was not allowed to have tummy time. This caused additional delays on a lot of things. 

Every morning for the past month, I would lay Bella on the mat on her tummy with a rolled towel or blanket on her chest. Starting from a minute to 2 to 3. I try and increase it each time without pushing her too far and making her feel uncomfortable. She is starting to go roll on her side. 

It's going good so far, one small step at a time. 


I am looking forward to putting up the tree this weekend with the kids. 
It's going to be Bella's first Christmas. 
And it's going to be a wonderful one. 





1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...