Monday, December 17, 2012

Thankful

Last Friday morning, the school called to let me know that Josh is sick. I don't think I've ever been this worried when the boys get sick prior to having Isabella. So I went and picked up both of them (just in case Joe has something too & so they wouldn't spread it). I admit, I was more scared of Josh passing it on to Isabella.


I thought I was having a bad day. But as soon as I got home, I saw the news about shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I was reminded that someone else is having a worse day than me. What happened there was every parents' nightmare. My heart goes out to all the babies that didn't get a chance to see their moms again, to the moms - although I would probably never understand what you are all going through, my heart aches for you and to all the brave teachers, to the grieving families and friends, I am so sorry for all your loss. I pray that you will all be comforted during this very difficult time.

Let's not wait for another terrifying thing to happen before we appreciate our children and friends and classmates or teachers. Let's give them a tighter hug everyday, not just today.











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post my friend!! LOVING that photo of the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...