Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fourteen Months Ago

Just seem like yesterday when I was supposed to go to a friend's house for the kids play date. However, I have been showing signs of labour. We've been in and out of the hospital for almost 4 days. Rick has taken a day off for the "just in case". The day before, I told my friend Thienly that maybe I can still go to her place (since she lives nearer to the hospital than me so it's probably easier to drive myself there) - who am I kidding? Ha!

Now, I have this sweet "mama's girl" - oh yes, she is! I still can't believe it! I finally have a baby girl that I have secretly been wishing for. She doesn't have any tooth yet but she's crawling, babbling, pulling herself up and yes, even getting in trouble too! :) I have learned to embrace the delay, learned to wait as she will get there, eventually. I enjoy that moments and is thankful that somehow, her seeming like a baby still at this stage feels like making up for the times we lost while she was in the hospital. I get to enjoy her as a baby longer, probably not much longer. She's getting too mobile! :)

(Bella clapping her hands - yes, that is her proud face saying "Look at me, look what I can do ma!")
The first of this month, also marks a year since she had her open heart surgery. Always very thankful that she survived it & that she no longer need to take any heart-related medication. I still worry about it though - quite often that I probably should have.

She also had her first year vaccination last week. Had to postpone her MMR (Mumps, Measles & Rubella) vaccine because I was told before that she cannot have any "live" vaccine for a certain period of time after her heart surgery. After I got the go signal from the hospital, we had it earlier this week. She cannot have the live vaccine it if she is still receiving any blood transfusion or have received BT in the last 10 months (so I've been told).

To embracing the future.
Happy Weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...